Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

What's important to me? What reaches the heart of my being?

These are questions that I started to ask myself when thinking about a new career. I work in health care, but sometimes feel that we really aren't health advocates. Health, to me, is taking care of the entire person, not just their physical symptoms. It's about looking at them, who they are, what their story is, and helping to begin healing their emotional and spiritual selves, in addition to their illness. This isn't done enough.


I used to feel that my work had to be my passion in life....and then I started working. Passion, and work? Hmmmmm, that isn't exactly the right combination is it? For some, maybe it is. But for me, that hasn't been the case. I'd like to get back to the idealistic college student who was going to "Save the world". I thought I was going to travel to 3rd world countries and live like the medicine woman. Or something to that effect anyway. I don't know....something pulls at me when I see the commercial for TOM shoes when one of the employees gets a kiss and hug from some little child he just gave a pair of shoes too. Silly, maybe. Beautiful, exactly.


So TOM...if you're reading, not only am I willing to give away your shoes to little children, I'll even throw in some nursing care and education.

1 comments:



Gibby said...

I totally get this. Going from working to being a full-time mom to well, what's next? Do I go back to work to earn a second paycheck, or do I do it right this time around? Luckily I have a few years to figure it out, but man is time flying by. I'm running out of time.

Post a Comment